Part 1: Installation of Stainless Steel Banding
2. Insert one end of the band through the buckle-bridge until approximately 2″ of the band extends from the buckle-ears. Fold the 2″ extension underneath the buckle. To prevent any slipping during tensioning, ensure that the fold is tight and that the folded end follows the same direction as the remainder of the band.
3. Wrap the remaining stainless steel band around the object(s) to be banded together and thread the end through the buckle-bridge. For double-wrapped applications, repeat a second wrap and thread the end through the buckle-bridge. The band is now ready to be tensioned and locked.
Part 2: Installation of Buckle and Tensioning of Band
4. Using the tensioning tool, raise the gripping lever and guide the band through the side-slot of the tool nose and gripping block. Ensure that the cutter lever is flush against tool during this step.
5. Tension the band by turning the tool handle while maintaining pressure on the gripping lever. Maximum tension has been applied when the band no longer slides through the buckle-bridge. Roll the tool over the buckle while turning the handle counterclockwise a little; pull the cutting lever to cut off the excess band.
6. Remove the tool and push down the stub of the band between the buckle ears. Bend the buckle ears down and over the stub.
7. Lightly hammer the buckle ears against the band stub to lock the band in place.